Yes, I’m writing a book.
- Is it about Roxette? Yes. Well, mainly. It’s a book about Marie and Per and a lot of things they had a hand in.
- Is it in English? Yes, because while most of the fans can sing along to any of their Swedish songs, they don’t necessarily speak or read Swedish.
- Is it a biography? Yes. Kind of. No. Maybe. It’s hard to explain. Keep reading.
- Is it a discography? Yes. But not nearly as extensive as the excellent The Look for Roxette by Robert Thorselius which you should already have a copy of in your library.
- Is it a bibliography? Yes. As much as it can be at least.
- Is it a videography? Yes. See the previous bullet point.
- Is it a chronography then? A what?! A description or record of past time; history. Yes, that’s probably the aptest way to describe it.
Even though I’ve been doing preparations since August 2022, I’m not nearly as far along as I’d hoped to be by now. While that sounds long, life happened and I was only able to actively spend a few weeks on it during that time.
It took me a while to figure out which direction to take the book in and to find a way of writing that worked for me. I’ve started putting pen to paper (pixel to screen?) on parts of the text, but there’s still much research and things to plan. People to see, places to go.
Also, with the amount of data I’d built up over more than two decades of creating and maintaining The Roxette Site and its predecessors, there’s a lot to work through and whittle down to something that’s factual and trivia-filled while still enjoyable to read.
I haven’t even thought of approaching a publisher yet since I’ve never done this kind of thing before and I want to have a substantial part of it done first. However, I’ve done some light research and have some in mind for when I reach that point.
When will it be done? Honestly, I don’t know right now. I would hope somewhere over the next two to three years, but preferably before we celebrate Roxette XL.
Watch this space for updates.